Alternate text


8610 North New Braunfels, Suite 101

San Antonio, TX 78217


Phone:  210-829-1300



August 2019

August 2019 Q & A

Q and A

I’m a small business owner and a storm damaged my home, which included my home business. How do I pay my estimated taxes when my paper records and computer were destroyed?

We’re sorry to hear about the storm damage. Start, of course, by talking to your tax professional, who may have copies of some records you will need. Most newer computer programs include a cloud backup of word processing and spreadsheet files, so you could find some needed records there. Finally, for a copy of old tax records, go to and use the Get Transcript application.

My home was damaged by severe floods. Where can I learn if I am eligible for financial aid as I begin the recovery process?

Start by going to to learn if your region qualifies for federal disaster assistance. The website has a variety of resources, including contact information for local help.

Your state should also have an emergency management department and your community may have resources to help. Also look toward organizations like the American Red Cross for help, and check with the Federal Emergency Management Agency at, where you may identify emergency shelters and longer-term rentals if you can’t return home.


Enter your Name and Email address to get
the newsletter delivered to your inbox every month.


Enter your Name, Email Address and a short message. We'll respond to you as soon as possible.

The information and opinions contained in this web site are obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The publishers assume no responsibility for errors and omissions or for any damages resulting from the use of the published information. This web site is published with the understanding that it does not render legal, accounting, financial, or other professional advice. Whole or partial reproduction of this web site is forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.