Dabbs, Hickman, Hill & Cannon, LLP logo

Dabbs, Hickman, Hill & Cannon, LLP


319 South Main Street, PO Box 727

Statesboro, GA 30459

Phone: 912-764-6951


325 Tattnall Street

Savannah, GA 31401

Phone: 912-233-9004

March 2022

March 2022 Q and A

Q and A

How do I report my fantasy sports league winnings?

With the Super Bowl over and March Madness in full swing, winning the betting pool means paying taxes. Gamblers must report all winnings as taxable income. That includes the fair market value of any prizes won, such as cars or trips. Generally, you'll receive an IRS Form W-2G if your winnings are at least $600 and the payout is at least 300 times the amount of your wager.

If you itemize deductions on your taxes, you can deduct any gambling losses incurred during the year on Schedule A. But you are limited to deducting only to the extent you have winnings. So if you won $1,000 from your fantasy football team but lost $1,500 on your basketball brackets, you'll only be able to deduct $1,000 of those losses.


Enter your Name and Email address to get
the newsletter delivered to your inbox.

Please include name of person that directed you to my online newsletter so I can thank them personally.


Enter your Name, Email Address and a short message. We'll respond to you as soon as possible.

The information and opinions contained in this web site are obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The publishers assume no responsibility for errors and omissions or for any damages resulting from the use of the published information. This web site is published with the understanding that it does not render legal, accounting, financial, or other professional advice. Whole or partial reproduction of this web site is forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.