Manzi, Pino & Company, P.C.

 1895 Walt Whitman Road #5, Melville, NY 11747

Phone: 631-420-5620

March 2021

March 2021 Client Profile

Client Profile

Beth is self-employed and preparing to file her taxes, but hasn’t received some of her 1099s. She doesn’t want to file for an extension. What should she do?

Fortunately, Beth doesn’t need her 1099s to file her tax return. Unlike W-2s, 1099s don’t need to be submitted with a tax return.

Beth has a few options. She can call her customers and ask for a duplicate 1099. However, if she earned less than $600 from her customer, they aren’t required to provide a 1099, and therefore they likely didn’t prepare one.

If she uses accounting software to track her revenue and expenses, she can use a profit and loss report to calculate her income. Alternatively, she can review the bank statements from her business bank account and track the deposits she received. Hopefully, if she received cash payments, she kept a log of them since she’ll need to include her cash payments as income on her tax return. And if Beth uses electronic methods such as PayPal to receive money from her customers, she’ll need to include these payments too.

Client Profile is based on a hypothetical situation. The solutions we discuss may or may not be appropriate for you.


Enter your Name and Email address to get
the newsletter delivered to your inbox every month.


Enter your Name, Email Address and a short message. We'll respond to you as soon as possible.

The information and opinions contained in this web site are obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The publishers assume no responsibility for errors and omissions or for any damages resulting from the use of the published information. This web site is published with the understanding that it does not render legal, accounting, financial, or other professional advice. Whole or partial reproduction of this web site is forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.