Nolan Accounting Center


4262 South 108th Street, Greenfield, WI 53228


Phone: 414-425-5690

Fax:     414-425-2373


July 2020

July 2020 Question and Answer

Question and Answer

I have a couple side gigs and my only bookkeeping record is my checking account and charge cards. Where do I start to make tax preparation easier?

With the higher standard deduction, it may or may not make sense to track expenses for the purpose of tax deductions. You can track expenses and save receipts using various software packages or smartphone apps. Your tax advisor can help you make these decisions. Remember to pay estimated taxes quarterly. It is recommended that you keep business and personal accounts separate.

How can I improve my credit score?

Poor credit can raise your borrowing costs or eliminate your ability to borrow altogether, and it can even disqualify you from employment opportunities. To improve your score, start by understanding your problem. Do you make late payments or carry too much debt compared to your overall credit limit? Make it your mission to pay every bill on time. A recent history of on-time payments will help improve your score. If you carry too much debt, stop spending and start paying it off. Creditors want to see responsible customers. Don’t add to your debt. Applying frequently for new cards or loans can also hurt your score.


Enter your Name and Email address to get
the newsletter delivered to your inbox every month.


Enter your Name, Email Address and a short message. We'll respond to you as soon as possible.

The information and opinions contained in this web site are obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The publishers assume no responsibility for errors and omissions or for any damages resulting from the use of the published information. This web site is published with the understanding that it does not render legal, accounting, financial, or other professional advice. Whole or partial reproduction of this web site is forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.