Regier carr and Monroe LLP CPAs logo

Regier Carr & Monroe, LLP, CPAs


4801 East Broadway Blvd, Suite 501, Tucson, AZ 85711

Phone: 520-624-8229


May 2019

May 2019 Question and Answer

Q and A

A competitor of mine claims that he bought a disability income insurance policy that reimburses him for business expenses if he becomes disabled. Is that a thing?

Yes it is. Think of it as a disability income insurance policy for your business to alleviate the difficulty of paying company bills if you became temporarily disabled. Business Overhead Expense Insurance, or BOE, helps defray a company’s regular bills including rent or mortgage, utilities, loan payments and other fixed expenses. This differs from a typical disability income insurance policy, which pays a portion of lost income in the event of disability. An insurance professional can help you decide if BOE is appropriate for your business.

My daughter will attend college next year and most colleges suggest we file something called a FAFSA to qualify for aid. What is this and when does she need to file it?

Most colleges and the federal government require students’ families to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid — FAFSA — as a way to determine financial aid eligibility. You should hurry if your daughter is attending college this fall. The filing deadline began on October 1, 2018 and generally funds are awarded until depleted, but typically no later than the federal deadline of June 30. Check out for more info.


Enter your Name and Email address to get
the newsletter delivered to your inbox every month.


Enter your Name, Email Address and a short message. We'll respond to you as soon as possible.

The information and opinions contained in this web site are obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The publishers assume no responsibility for errors and omissions or for any damages resulting from the use of the published information. This web site is published with the understanding that it does not render legal, accounting, financial, or other professional advice. Whole or partial reproduction of this web site is forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.