The Chwast CPA Group PC logo



The Chwast CPA Group, P.C.

Certified Public Accountants


445 Broad Hollow Road, Suite CL-43

Melville, NY 11747


Phone: 631-424-5200

November 2021

Form 1099 for Individuals

Insights and Tips

From selling a home to earning interest on a bank account, most taxpayers receive a Form 1099 at some time. Common 1099s individuals receive include:

1099-DIV - When you own a stock or other security and receive a distribution of more than $10.

1099-INT - When you receive more than $10 in interest from a financial institution.

1099-G - When you receive unemployment compensation, a state or local income tax refund, certain agricultural payments or taxable governmental grants.

1099-R - When you withdraw at least $10 from retirement plans, IRAs or certain insurance contracts.

1099-S - When you make at least $600 from the sale or exchange of real estate.

1099-SA - When you make payments or distributions from your health or medical savings account.

SSA-1099 - When you receive benefits from the Social Security Administration.


Enter your Name and Email address to get
the newsletter delivered to your inbox every month.


Enter your Name, Email Address and a short message. We'll respond to you as soon as possible.

The information and opinions contained in this web site are obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The publishers assume no responsibility for errors and omissions or for any damages resulting from the use of the published information. This web site is published with the understanding that it does not render legal, accounting, financial, or other professional advice. Whole or partial reproduction of this web site is forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.